How To Make Chin ChinChin chin is a type of Nigerian snack that is sweet, munchy and crunchy. It's the perfect snack for your kids at home or at school. Your go to snack at work or while chilling with Friends.
Chin chin is a type of Nigerian snack that is sweet, munchy and crunchy. It's the perfect snack for your kids at home or at school. Your go to snack at work or while chilling with Friends.
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- 1/4 cup of sugar.(use more if desired)
- 1/2 tbl spoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 20gm butter.
- 1 egg.
- Powdered milk /evaporated milk or fresh milk.
- Pour the flour in a large bowl, add salt, baking powder, ground nutmeg and sugar.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- In another bowl, break and whisk the egg and add your milk. mix together.
- Combine your dry and wet ingredients and mold into a dough.
- Add your butter and mix well.
- Divide the dough into small parts( this is so it's easy for you to work with)
- On a flat surface, sprinkle small amount of flour and spread evenly.
- Take one part of dough and flatten with a rolling pin. (roll as thinly as possible)
- Once your dough is thin enough, cut into small box like shapes with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Scoop into a flat plate or pan.
- Repeat this process until all the dough is ready.
- In a wide pan or pot, pour in some cooking oil. (pour enough to deep fry) and place on the stove. Set to medium heat.
- Allow the oil heat up moderately and add the cut chin chin dough.
- Do not crowd up the pan, the dough needs Space to grow in size.
- Stir frequently.
- Reduce heat, if the chin chin is getting brown too quickly, your chin chin needs to Cook from inside out.
- Fry until they turn a beautiful brown on both sides.
- Scoop into a sieve or paper towel.
- Allow to cool down completely. ( chin chin is best eaten when completely cool)
- Your chin chin is ready to be eaten.
Serve with your favorite chilled drink.
Hi, welcome to my food blog. These are simple yet delicious recipes I have picked up over the years. I love everyone of them and it's my pleasure to share them with you. See something you like ? Try it out and let me know how it turns out.